Enjoy A Self-Guided Holiday Light Tour in South Walton
There's something special about the holidays in South Walton. Whether you've come to swap the winter snow for sugar-white sand or are here to create new traditions with your loved ones, our beach neighborhoods have decked the halls this holiday season for visitors and locals alike.
While there's no better light show than a South Walton sunset, we've got the next best thing! After a day at the beach or some last-minute shopping, load up your crew and take a self-guided tour of lights through South Walton, starting on the east end in Inlet Beach.
1. Inlet Beach – A trip to 30Avenue is enhanced by holiday lights festooned to the signature palm trees, complete with classic characters from The Nutcracker ballet and a large Christmas tree featured in the front greenspace.
2. Rosemary Beach – Twinkling lights lend a festive touch to the live oaks circling both sides of Barrett Square, with a gorgeously decorated Douglas Fir Christmas tree as the main attraction.
3. Alys Beach – Always beautiful, Alys Beach’s signature architecture is enhanced with holiday wreaths and lights, and a 25-foot-tall Christmas tree and packages serve as the decorative focus at the amphitheater.
4. Seaside – A visit to Seaside Amphitheater treats guests to a sparkling display of white holiday lights, with a large Christmas tree added to the top of Airstream Row. Be sure to walk under the arch of the beachfront Coleman Pavilion, where the decorative lights provide a striking and romantic backdrop for photos.
5. WaterColor – Plan a stroll through the walking trails of Cerulean Park, where bright stars overhead are accentuated by a beautifully lit Christmas tree in the park’s center, along with holly-adorned arches and other decorative touches placed throughout the park.
6. The Village of Baytowne Wharf – Sandestin’s town center is a classic destination for checking out holiday lights and festivities, such as Baytowne On Ice and a series of holiday concerts. Outside of these scheduled events, the area’s decorations provide a wonderful, walkable family activity, perfect for getting in the spirit of the season.
7. Miramar Beach – Combine your gift shopping with a spectacular display at the Holiday Lights in Concert at Silver Sands Premium Outlets. Lasting about half an hour, this impressive presentation synchronizes many holiday songs with colorful lights. There’s even a lovely Christmas tree to fully put you in the spirit. Once you’ve been inspired, you can set out to browse these outlets for great bargains.
8. DeFuniak Springs – The annual Christmas Reflections holiday light show transforms Lake DeFuniak into a shimmering mirror of holiday illumination with more than 10 million lights and thousands of festive decorations, including classic favorites like Santa’s workshop, toy soldiers and a ticking grandfather clock. The family fun continues in DeFuniak Springs with Merry Main Street – a series of signature holiday-themed events and happenings, including live music and theatrical performances, an outdoor market, food trucks, rides on the Choctaw Express Train, visits with Santa and more.
Whether you’re able to enjoy this seasonal spectacle in person or from the comfort of your own home, South Walton is wishing you and your family a healthy and happy holiday season.